Try these keywords: usb, join, realtime, remote, etc

To create a VPN connection from the EZhotspot Extender using  PPTP/L2TP   to a remote server, you need to subscribe to a VPN service or have a private PPTP/L2TP server running. 

Most VPN service companies offers an alternative PPTP connection on top of the standard OpenVPN connection.

However, you can easily create a  private PPTP server using a Windows® based computer and the knowledge to create a Port Forwarding or DMZ in your ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem router. You may also need a DDNS solution if the IP address provided by your Internet Service Provider changes, also known as dynamically assigned IP address. 

For the many reason of the different versions of Windows® Operating System and different brands of ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem routers, it is impossible to give you a detailed explanation of How to Do it, we can only suggest some guides and links below. Before proceeding, you might be cautioned that intermediate computer technology skills are required.

Things to do at the ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem routers

Always check out the possibility on your existing ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem routers. Most Internet Service Providers do not provide you a detailed user guide about your ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem routers. They are only configured that you are ensured of an internet connection to their service. You will need to venture by yourself to understand what your ADSL/Cable/Fiber Modem routers can and will do. If you need to locate them, they are always the gateway address shown in your connecting clients. Type this address in your browser and if you have username and password (usually admin), you have now the possibility to configure the port forwarding or DMZ as needed.

Things to do at the Computer

Check out some of these blogs below to help you create a Windows® PPTP server.

Setup a PPTP server on Windows 10

Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows NT®, Windows Server® and Windows VistaTM are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.