Some ISPs may only offer IPv6 connections from a DSL, Fiberglass, Cable or 3/4/5G service. While most client devices may work without any issues and modification from the immediate gateway device, it may pose a problem for a security device such as the Ezhotspot Extender with a built-in firewall to further protect the client devices connected to it, unless the IPv6 service is disabled on the Ezhotspot Extender.
To perform this:
- go to --> Advanced Dashboard --> Interfaces
- find MY_NETWORK and click on the EDIT button
- scroll to the bottom or locate the DHCP Server IPv6 Settings
- In the Router Advertisement-Service, the default is "server mode". Select "disabled"
- Scroll to bottom and click on the SAVE & APPLY button to effect.
- Re-connect the client devices again