If the 5Ghz SSID of the Ezhotspot Extender V5 does not show up after repeating a remote network, it means you have joined to a DFS channel. It is never recommended to join to a DFS channel because DFS channels are subjected to radar avoidance and wireless networks in these channels may switch off temporarily or switch to another channel after a certain delay, when a dominating radio signal from a weather, military or aviation broadcast is detected. You can read more on the below link:
It is recommended to repeat a non-DFS channels 36, 40, 44 & 48 if possible.
To override this, follow the instructions:
01. Go to the Advanced Dashboard --> Network --> Hotspot-Wifi menu
02. Locate EzWifi (radio0) / Mode Master and click on the EDIT button as shown below:
03. Go to the Advanced Settings tab.
04. Select 20Mhz or 40Mhz in the HT Mode (Box1) as shown below:
- 20Mhz for more reliability
- 40Mhz for more bandwidth if possible. If 40Mhz is selected, untick Force 40Mhz (Box 2)
05. Scroll to bottom and click on SAVE & APPLY
Completed. The 5Ghz of the Ezhotspot Extender will broadcast now when repeating a DFS channel.