Wireless connection problem usually result in the following symptoms:
- ezWifi Wizard Configuration button constantly appearing
- constant wireless disconnection
- cannot find the ez@xxxxxx SSID
- not able to to connect to the ez@xxxxxx SSID
- prompted incorrect wireless key when joining, even if wireless key is correct
- unable to scan wireless networks
- Ensure the antenna is positioned correctly to have the optimum coverage. Use Scan All Network and before joining, make sure the real-time LINK Quality is good and at least 3 green bars.
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/user-manual/scan-all-networks/real-time-rssi-monitoring
- Avoid joining to a channel 12 & 13. Other channels to avoid include 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10. Only join to 1, 6 or 11.
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/frequently-asked-questions/wireless-connections-issues/some-device-sometimes-cannot-see-the-ezhotspot-ssid-while-other-devices-can-see-ezhotspot-ssid-and-join-without-problem
- Disable the Auto recovery function if you repeatably have to re-login to a hotspot or prompted the ezWifi Wizard Menu.
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/frequently-asked-questions/wireless-connections-issues/what-is-auto-recovery-function
- Some public hotspot may have blocked your MAC address. In this case, use the Change MAC address to select a random MAC address and rejoin again to try.
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/user-manual/configuration-status/change-mac-address
- If the remote network is secured, ensure the correct wireless key is entered noting the UPPER and LOWER case.
- Try sharing a phone's personal hotspot, then configure (with another phone) the Ezhotspot Extender and try joining to it to test if the wireless function is working correctly. Are other devices such as your phone, tablet or laptop can successfully join to the remote network but the Ezhotspot Extender is not success to join to?
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/frequently-asked-questions/wireless-connections-issues/good-wireless-signal-but-cannot-join-and-keep-returning-to-the-configuration-screen
- Have you recently changed the wireless key or wireless encryption method on the ezhotspot extender and that the client devices can no longer join to the ezhotspot extender?
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/frequently-asked-questions/wireless-connections-issues/client-devices-cannot-connect-to-the-ezhotspot-extender
- If you have made some adjustments in the Advanced Dashboard , it may interference with the Ezwizard to perform correctly. In this case, you must perform a SOFT FACTORY reset.
Read more - http://ezwifi.eu/what-why-how/user-manual/factory-reset/soft-factory-reset
With a scan there are no WiFi networks visible, while my phone or tablet show that there are. What is the solution? When there are no results from a wifi scan, the possibilities are: The Auto Recovery function is disabled and the…
When there are no results from a wifi scan, the possibilities are:
- The Auto Recovery function is disabled and the EZhotspot is constantly trying to find and join to the last known specific wireless network.
- The Ezhotspot is trying to join to a 802.1x network, which the Auto Recovery function is disabled automatically.
- It is currently in the Transparent Repeater mode.
- A setting in the Advanced Dashboard may have hindered some functions from perfoming correctly.
The troubleshooting procedures are:
- Reboot the Ezhotspot which will automatically enable the Auto Recovery function.
- Disable Transparent Repeater.
- Perform a Soft Factory Reset to clear the existing network settings.